Tuesday 19 April 2011

This is the last day of our aquaintance

My last day on the beach, my last walk past the Loewes Hotel.
Usual appauling weather

I thought I would walk the whole length of the beach from the breakers at the Southern Point to the breakers at the North. Effectively it means I walked it twice as I hit the beach at 16th St.

I walked in the water, it would be too hot otherwise
Got to the Southern Break and went into the ocean for the last time

Then I turned around and walked to the furthest point - which as you can see is super far! I listened to the Sinead O'Connnor album - I Feel So Different . I starts with The Serinty Prayer - you can run but you can't hide.

I played the album a couple of times along the way, but I made it.

I lay down at the northern point but my skin has had enough, I was feeling the wrong kind of pain so I kept walking instead. My friend John always talks about the wrong wrong choice. Like sometimes you can make a 'wrong' choice where you can see that the alternative would have been better but it works out eventually anyway. Other times you make the wrong wrong choice and things get extremely messy.

No comments:

Post a Comment