Thursday 7 April 2011

Restless

Despite not sleeping well the night before and walking miles along the coastline, last night it still took me hours to get to sleep. The moments that pass between hopping into bed and falling asleep are some of my most vulnerable. It is during this period that I am most likely to deconstruct my entire life and find it to be seriously lacking. I am not one of those people who wakes up sad, although I have suffered from bouts of depression when that was the case. These days I wake up tired and desperate for coffee and once the coffee kicks in I am happy and ready to go.
I began to reread Your Voice In My Head by Emma Forrest. It a story of her life and how she overcame self harm, bulimia and unfortunate choices of boyfriend with the help of a therapist Dr R who then died. She is a lovley writer. I read a few chapters from her book and managed to fall asleep. I dreamt of coffee and Peter Saville who I really like.

No comments:

Post a Comment