Wednesday 6 April 2011

Behind Me Gabriel

Richard told me I should go to Southern Point but it was a whole 17 blocks away. The blocks are wide here and at the time it was very hot so I decided not to bother. Today however, was a cool 72 degrees so I decided to walk along the beach all the way to the end of Miami Beach.

I walked along the sea edge for about 2 miles. I was walking in the water to get a bit of resistence on my legs, its too warm to walk far normally and I am getting scared that I will end up putting on weight due to lack of excercise.


The old pier marks the place where Biscayne Bay joins the ocean, The Bay runs behind the South Beach penninsula and it is on the edge of the bay that Downtown Miami is built.
While the pier is all broken down it is possible to walk out into the ocean accross a man made rock reef.

I just sat on it for a while and drank Coconut Water which I buy everyday and take to the beach.



I watched dark storm clouds rolling in from The Caribean. They didn't stop, it didn't rain, they made the ocean look a deeper blue and rolled on by.
I saw some Love Graffiti while I was there. If you have to vandalise things then its important to deface with love.
Its good to take a few moments of stillness from time to time. Its good to become aware of the beauty that surrounds us.

Nothing lasts forever

No comments:

Post a Comment