Sunday 10 April 2011

My heart is melting

Another hot day on the beach today. The flags suggested that the jelly fish had gone. Richard made me walk into the water really far out like around a third of the way to Cuba! The water is not deep (neck high) so your feet still touch the sand and as you walk you go through different currents, hot ones and cold ones it feels amazing. My concern was that when I was googling Shark attacks in Florida the page was telling me that the sharks meet on the corner of Florida at this time of year and follow the currents into colder or warmer waters so it felt a bit disconcerting.
We were listening to the remastered Exile On Main Street in the sun, such an amazing album. We both love that phase in the Stones history. Richard played me one of the new tracks (there are 10 previously unreleased on the album) which had the lyrics 'I thought you wanted my money but you plundered my soul' beautiful.

A little later on I was listening to Black & Blue and this song Memory Motel came on and  all of a sudden I started to cry. I used to listen to the album when I first started going out with my sons father, that song was my total favourite and it really reminded me of him and how much we loved each other at first. We got together in day and had a baby within a year of meeting. Unfortunatley it was a real Sid & Nancy situation and we were totally doomed.

He died 9 years ago of an overdose and it suddenly seemed so amazing that he died this awful death and I went on to have this incredible life. (I went to NA) I hardly think of him at all these days, let alone remember that I once adored him, so to be lying on this perfect beach remembering him in tears was incredible.

The thaw is underway. An unexpected  though not entirely unpleasant side effect of global warming

No comments:

Post a Comment