Wednesday 13 April 2011

AA Related Announcements

So in contrast to yesterdays excellent 'passion of the christ' chair, todays meeting was inspired by a reading from As Bill See's It on selfishness. Sadly this inspired a waterfall of Al Anon style sharing from the floor, complete with tears of self pity. I can't bear Al Anon people, I consider them to be the pond life of the recovery evolution system. I love addicts, I prefer the AA text but I have to keep the company of proper addicts.

In a meeting the other night the guy, a biker of around 40 was doing the share and he talked about some other man from meetings sleeping with his girlfreind and told us how he had put a gun to his head and cocked the trigger. Luckily when the man turned around he realised he had the wrong person!  Richard was loving it he said 'imagine being in that row that evening.'

No comments:

Post a Comment