Friday 24 June 2011

Take me to the beach

I went off the beach around midday today it was 88 degree's when I got there. I know this since there is a large clock and thermometre on Lincoln which you can see as you cross Washington on the way. It was wonderful although I was kind of wriggling around a bit. I get so hot that my legs curl inwards a little bit like a lobster on a barbeque. I have to keep reminding myself to unravel. Hopefully I will get my colour back pretty fast as I was only here two months ago and my skin has not quite revoked to the colour of milk just yet.
I like to drink coconut water in the sun it's really good in the heat for some reason. Richard knows all about it as one of his models is hawking it for a Brazilian company at the moment. As I was laying drinking out of the tin this guy came over to me and put down a large cup of ice and then walked away. It kind of threw me off a bit as I was giving off my 'what the fuck do you want?' vibe as he crossed right into my comfort zone ( 5 metres if I am armed, 10 metres under normal circumstances, 20 metres if I am not wearing clothes)

He was just being nice, I think I managed to say Thank You. American people are very sweet, lots of people are really, I like to think I am mellowing out a bit but at times like this I am reminded that I access inate hostility pretty easily.

I poured the coconut water into the ice and drank it. For a minute I panicked incase he had put alcohol in the cup. My ego is amazingly guarded I notice, first I think 'gift of ice' man is going to hurt me, or attempt to extract some sexual service in return for his unsolicted ice gift and then once he walks away without doing either I assume his goal was to poison me or derail my sobriety.

I need to work on my trust issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment