Monday 27 June 2011

A little of what you like ...

I am having my cake and eating it  (and they said it couldn't be done) with coffee (I'll sleep when I am dead). This German Chocolate cake from Ice Box is amazing. It is dark moist chocolate sponge with sugary coconut flakes and chocolate chips as the filling. I know it sounds disgusting but it is divine. Not many of the sweet things in America are particulary nice so its easy to be 'good'. Ice Box however has the best cakes including about 5 different styles of chocolate cake. London is I think cake capital of the world so I am not easily impressed but this is heaven.

In London my favourite deserts are

  • Mille Feuille from Maison Berteaux (pastry, cream and strawberries)
  • Strawberry Choux from Maison Berteaux (as above but organised differently)
  • Iphasan from Laduree (rose macaroon, rose cream and lychee)
  • Frozen Yogurt from SNOG (ice cold, bitter and full of probiotics just like me)
  • True Blood Pie from Bob (bitter red fruit and walnuts in low GI pastry - so he says)

2 comments: