Sunday 26 June 2011

Love on the rocks

I love being by the ocean. South Beach faces East so when I look to the horizon I feel that I could eventually see England. Each day I lay on the beach around 16th Street for an hour each side. I am still timing my tan to Pulp, A Different Class since its one of the few albums I can stand to listen to twice in a row (front and back). I have really burnt my back though I think I am just not as adept at getting the sun protection on very well although it is a spray so it should work.

I walk up to South Point every day for the exercise as much as anything else. It is lovley though as it is the point where the ocean meets Biscayne Bay and you can see downtown Miami rising from the bay shore.
Miraculously Ryan appeared out of nowhere as I was photographing the view. He was meeting people from the Sobe rooms on the beach so I joined him down on the sand for a while. We were talking about our experiences of poor customer service. The conversation went on to employment as neither Ryan or I are currently employed at the moment. I was talking about financial insecurity which on the one hand I have and yet on the other my experience is that it doesn't bother me. This is my 3rd holiday in Miami this year and its only June so despite the 'no visible means of support' I am having this amazing life. Of course it occured to me shortly after that the reason I can do all this without so much as a scent of a work ethic is because Richard has such a ferocious approach to work, ambition and so on. I mean it's definitely a case of 'its not what you do its who you know. ' I have been terribly blessed like that. I don't have a family except the boy I made for myself but I do have the most amazing friends.
Ryan was telling me all about the fireworks that we will be able to see on Independence Day next week. I am excited watching fireworks from Miami Beach will be much better than watching them in the cold and the rain on Primrose Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment