Thursday 30 June 2011

Just go to the beach

Yesterday was really overcast. 90 degrees in the shade but really cloudy so I stayed at home. I read and wrote and even went out to get coffee and cake but I was miserable really because I felt cooped up at home and exhausted when I left the apartment. I was BBMing Richard this morning and he said he wanted to go to the beach on Saturday and I said Of course but you know it's really cloudy. He said that its ok that we should still go. His actual words were ' you can burn like fuck through the clouds' so today I went anyway.

It was amazing. The clouds move faster over the sea so you are not really aware of them as much. Its far cooler to be by the ocean in fact in this heat it is actually pretty unpleasant to be anywhere else. There is plenty of sunshine coming through all the time.

It was really lovely. I normally don't go all that near to the sea when I am laying on the beach but today I had to as it was really too hot to stand otherwise.
There was a really nice cool breeze coming in off the water it was perfect and I managed to stay for about 3 hours.

It was a really nice peaceful afternoon although proper thunder clouds were gathering as I walked home.
Its as though the weather can change between one block and the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment