Tuesday 28 June 2011

A Ghost In My Own Life

I feel like I don't exist today. I am not sure what the point is I am not sure that there is one. I feel along way from home and everything that matters. If I changed my ticket and came to London I would regret it I am sure and so I won't. Some days are just empty no matter where you are. Rachel and I were talking about lonliness yesterday. It's odd how I can be alone for days and not feel it at all and yet other times I can be doing all the right things and it washes over me in waves.  I read in a Leonard Cohen poem from The Book Of Mercy about how it is God's call to us all.

"Blessed are you who has given each man a shield of loneliness so that he cannot forget you. You are the truth of loneliness that I may be healed in your name, which is beyond all consolations that are uttered on this earth."

1 comment:

  1. That would be really silly! Stay, I'm sure you'll be having a lovely time again real soon. Plus the weather in London is just awful, it's either insufferable heat followed by horrible thunderstorms that soak you through. The tube is 32 degrees!

    I'm moving house on Monday. When you get back lets meet and you can tell me about Miami and I can tell you about the moving dramas, of which there will be many! :P

    ReplyDelete