Saturday 2 July 2011

I'm dancing barefoot

Such a lazy day today so far. We had breakfast in Ballans where the air conditioning was broken. They had a huge fan in the resturant instead that was blowing the toast across the room as the waitresses brought the food. It was like a scene from The Wizard Of Oz.  We then went to the beach and Richard dropped me off at 6th while he went into Equinox Gym on Collins and 1st. By the time he collected me 90 minutes later I already practically had sunstroke. It was so hot but I love getting a tan so I am willing to suffer it. When he came back we walked down to the gay section of the beach. Richard doesn't like to be on the mixed sections for long. Obviously the gay section in Miami Beach is the busiest section of the whole beach but we do see people he knows there so thats always nice. One thing I noticed as we walked down Collins Avenue was the size of the cocktails that the resturants serve. They do this one where it is a huge glass of Marguerita with two up turned bottles of Spanish Beer sticking out of like cocktail sticks. Hideous but there was a time when that would have looked like a pretty good idea. The last drink I had was a Marguerita, straight up, salt and no ice at The Wosley in Piccadilly. I knew it was my last drink, I hadn't quite lost the power to choose but I knew I would so in the manner of the exception that proves the rule. I had just the one.

No comments:

Post a Comment