Sunday 15 April 2012

Wild At Heart

On the way to get Black Bean Soup from Lime I pass a car park that is full of cats. Its hard to tell if they are stray or not as many of them are beautiful and have wonderful coats. As I stopped to look at them they all came over so I thought that they must, as Blanche would say be 'relying on the kindness of strangers.'
I got them a box of Purina on the way home and emptied it into various little piles so they could all get some without the dominant ones fighting them off. They seemed pretty pleased. Today there was a Flea Market on Lincoln Road and they had a stand where volunteers from a local cat charity were rehoming kittens and raising money for the feeding and neutering of stray cats. There does seem to be a high level of kindness to animals in this community which is so nice. I don't feel bad about leaving my Stray Cat when I go because even though I think I am his favourite human, lots of other people leave out water and food for him and his comrades.

No comments:

Post a Comment