Tuesday 17 April 2012

A Question Of Priorities

On the subject of death, ever cheery, I was pretty healthy in my eating today. No ice cream just Green Juice and salad. In the meeting some women were talking about food and one was saying that she thought that an apple that was not organic was not worth eating because of the pesticide. The other was agreeing talking about the dangers of the sun and  how important it was to avoid it as best you can (fairly impossible here.)  The thing was that she had about 2 litres of saline in her chest and probably some sort of webbing in her lips and it just fascinated me that people (myself included) can be so selective about what we accept as dangerous. I have sunbathed most days since I got here. As far as I am concerned in Miami its dangerous not to have a tan because a pale person would fry just nipping out for a Starbucks.

I try and eat healthy food because I don't want to be fat and unhealthy but if I want cake then I have cake. Last night I was reading a book on health & weight loss on line - this woman Susan Sommer's talking about how we are all full of poisons that make us old unwell and fat and it was terrifying. She was talking about the poison in our air, cleaning products, toiletries, food and pretty much everything else. She was even criticising Soya and sweetcorn which I eat everyday. I am not saying that its not true, that dangers do not exist but how possible is it for most of us to purify our lives to the extent she discussed without getting into some kind of Howard Hughes situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment