Sunday 6 January 2013

Fire Walk With Me

Although going by my pictures Miami is empty except for me and my cats. Actually I just photograph it that way - perhaps because I would prefer it to be so. In fact you are never far away from some gobshite American talking 20 to the dozen about nothing and loudly. 'So I was like, yeah so that's like a  problem? And he was like yeah cuz ...' I wonder about going over and letting them know that they are using way too many words to convey the point - as though they have one. I wonder about the people who play ball on a huge empty beach near  to the sunbathers. I kind of want the ball to hit me so I can vent my rage on them, so I can explain that to play 'football' although they don't use their feet near naked relaxed people is aggressive and ignorant. I feel that the fundamental difference between English and American people is that Americans want to be noticed and English want to be left alone.
So I walked up to North Point and watched the ocean hit the rocks for an hour or two. It is a full elemental experience, Earth, Air , Fire & Water all coming on strong at the same point. Its transformative , I feel really happy here. It's not that I don't want to come home its just that peace is so much harder to access in London. I feel brittle  in the city, held together by Starbucks and chocolate.
I see a man standing on the rocks. Probably homeless, probably from Haiti. They have a difficult time settling in by the sound of it. He is looking out at the ocean. I was reading about Vodou the other day about the elemental gods and the guardian of the crossroads Legba. The writer was talking about the gods revealing themselves to us in nature and that Legba could be anyone and about the importance of recognising god in all things and all people.
There is beauty everywhere and its easy to notice here, since I am not rushing around avoiding it like I can do at home. 

I like to walk home along the boardwalk. I need to see another sunset before I leave on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment